Cleveland request for relocation to Portland Jan 14, 2020 19:34:06 GMT -5
Post by Miege22 on Jan 14, 2020 19:34:06 GMT -5
1. The franchise you are moving has NEVER won a championship in that city.
This franchise made it to the finals in the first year of this league but has never won.
2. You may only move your team to a city that would realistically host an NBA franchise (for example, a city like Topeka would not be able to support an NBA team, as they do not have the facilities).
3. You may NOT move your team outside the continental United States.
4. You must submit an application for relocation to the Permission for Relocation board in the Commissioner's office.
5. Your application must include the following:
-Specify reasons for leaving
I was born and raised and still live in Portland, Oregon. It's my home, it's where I would most want my team to be. (my avatar this whole time has been Terrell Brandon cuz he went to the same high school as me)
-Set a timeline of where you plan on your team being from years 1-5
I enherited this franchise the summer of 2015 with a mediocre roster, we unfortuanatly continued to be mediocre for my first 3 seasons almost making the playoffs each year. In the summer of 2018 I was like hell nah this some bull shit so I decided to blow up the team and begin a rebuild. This will be the second and final year of my rebuild as I've created a roster I believe in, plus enough cap space to add a bit more this off-season. I truly believe I'll be contending from next season forward.
-Get permission from other team if you are moving them to city with another team.
-If moving them to an unoccupied city, you must state why the city you want to move to would want you to move there.
Cuz they just got their hearts ripped out by the truly evil Fernans guy and they want an owner that would never leave them again!
-Come up with new name, logo, colors (or you can just keep the ones you have).
No new shit I just wanna be the Portland Trail Blazers
-Finally, it will be voted on by the league, and you will need 2/3rds approval.
6. Lastly, be realistic. If you take over a team such as the Cavaliers or Suns, those teams aren't moving anytime soon. Don't expect to be able to move them here either (same goes for Boston, LA, San Antonio, etc.)
This example literally includes the Cavaliers which is my team but c'mon man! Let me be the Blazers!