When you take over a team, you are allowed to move them to another city in the country. However, you must meet the following criteria:
1. The franchise you are moving has NEVER won a championship in that city.
2. You may only move your team to a city that would realistically host an NBA franchise (for example, a city like Topeka would not be able to support an NBA team, as they do not have the facilities).
3. You may NOT move your team outside the continental United States.
4. You must submit an application for relocation to the Permission for Relocation board in the Commissioner's office.
5. Your application must include the following: -Specify reasons for leaving
-Set a timeline of where you plan on your team being from years 1-5
-Get permission from other team if you are moving them to city with another team.
-If moving them to an unoccupied city, you must state why the city you want to move to would want you to move there.
-Come up with new name, logo, colors (or you can just keep the ones you have).
-Finally, it will be voted on by the league, and you will need 2/3rds approval.
6. Lastly, be realistic. If you take over a team such as the Cavaliers or Suns, those teams aren't moving anytime soon. Don't expect to be able to move them here either (same goes for Boston, LA, San Antonio, etc.)
Miege22: Had to start spending my own money on them haha
Jul 28, 2018 13:58:53 GMT -5
teefbe: Since Minny decided quickly on re=signs and player options are we going to move up free agency like last year or it stays on 12th?
Jul 30, 2018 16:15:50 GMT -5
Miege22: I've created a poll on the topic. Moving up FA is harder to do than the draft because it impacts everyone. If even one owner is not on board with moving it up, we'll leave it to start on the 12t
Jul 30, 2018 16:34:19 GMT -5
Cleveland Cavaliers: Are you a contender? Do you need another solid contributor for your squad on literally the cheapest deal possible? Well you're in luck, Allen Crabbe is your man! For the low cost of a 2019 draft pick that won't be high cuz you're a contender
Aug 1, 2018 12:45:56 GMT -5
Cleveland Cavaliers: This offer will only be available for like the next 8 hours or some shit so act now!
Aug 1, 2018 12:46:29 GMT -5
Cleveland Cavaliers: Also Dewayne Dedmon $250,000 ('20) available for a pick
Aug 1, 2018 15:20:04 GMT -5
HawkEye: Free Boban!!!
Oct 18, 2018 7:13:03 GMT -5
teefbe: crazy week1 matchup between me and Seattle
Oct 21, 2018 18:52:56 GMT -5
HawkEye: I won 5-4 vs Colorado by only .02% of FT%
Oct 22, 2018 7:13:22 GMT -5
HawkEye: Correction, it's .2% or .002 of FT%
Oct 22, 2018 7:21:25 GMT -5
zephyr: does anyone know when espn is going to add position eligibility?
Nov 12, 2018 17:22:43 GMT -5
Miege22: They added PG eligibility for Bryn Forbes last week. I think they just kind of do it gradually
Nov 12, 2018 19:07:31 GMT -5
zephyr: great -- thanks!
Nov 13, 2018 8:41:24 GMT -5
zephyr: landry shamet's at 21.1 mpg for the season -- does that mean toronto has to make a decision on activating him from d-league?
Nov 27, 2018 11:30:31 GMT -5
Miege22: I think we need to go a little longer on the d-league signees, all of them, this year. 20 games isnt' a huge sample size, and a few low or no minute games can drastically impact those averages.
Nov 27, 2018 11:38:06 GMT -5
Miege22: I don't think a decision needs to be made until the last week of our season.
Nov 27, 2018 11:38:18 GMT -5